Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jungle Thorns

As I was walking on a jungle trail, and I had been observing everything around me; fascinated by all the new and exciting things to look at. I was hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of some jungle birds or maybe even a monkey if possible. However I was failing to watch where I walked. Across my path lay a jungle vine which is guarded by very sharp and plentiful needles, and anything that comes in contact with it can have a very painful experience. It grabbed my ankles and before I could escape it’s clutches, it left a ragged and bleeding wound there. Yelping in pain, and sputtering at the at the cursed plant I hobbled down the rest of the trail.
So many times in life we get distracted by things around us, we watch the more exciting views, rather than our own paths. When we are distracted from the path that God has set before us, Satan can cleverly set his snares in our path way that can leave us wounded and bleeding.

No comments: