Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Ford's Adirondack/Farm house, Part III

At last for my family and friends most all the house is complete. I have put up some pictures to show the progress of our once leaky and breezy home, to its renovated state.  Only the floor, a new sink and few minor additions to the kitchen is needed to complete it.

I've included a movie I did in the spring because it shows the cayous we lived in for good part of the remolding. My dad although doesn't hunt has enjoyed adding a deer and antolope head to our wall, he say's it makes it looks more rustic in here. ok......hmmm.. I am just happy that my parents are excited and happy with remolding after 20+ years of it. this year of remodling the house I grew up in will probably stick with me for life. the Noise the dust, the laughs, the aguments of where this or that will go, windows, that were put in, taken out and put in again, boxes and boxes of stuff moved from one corner to the next then again. The a log that was put in from camp Cherokee it's self. Tripping over cords and wondering why my toasted oats tasted like sawdust. 
Before

After

coming in through the main door

kitchen area

the log from Cherokee and looking into the new addition area

New bedroom, if you can't tell mom likes purple


This spring as I left for camp I told my mom please when I can home at the end of the summer can the house be done. I was pleasantly surprised at the completion when I did come home. But alas..."Mommmmmm....where is....?" I can't find anything from paper, my shoes to garlic powder.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

That looks incredible Katie! I love that you have a log from Cherokee :D

Anonymous said...

I love the house!! It looks so Adirondack :) I miss New York and most of all, YOU!

shama said...

What a cute house! Miss you bushels.

Caitlin said...

Yes that birch log is fantastic! And I like the purple bedroom :) Miss you!

Christy Joy said...

That is so awesome Katie! I never realized that it was so major of a project! No wonder Teddy was always working on it!

Did your room get changed??

Katalin said...

Lol yes it looks so much better, now and it took a while to get it done...Teddy really did a great job on every thing! lol no My room didn't get changed I live up stairs and that was remodeled a few years ago. My parents have now moved down stairs though and I pretty much have the entire upstairs to my self now. kind of strange but nice to have the bathroom to my self. :)