Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Who's Face will I Miss?

Ever have the feeling you just missed it? You just missed your chance. The chance to say "Hey, do you know my Lord?"
A prayer I prayed in a hurry this morning cause I realized I was late for class. "Lord please use me to show your love today."
4 hours later and hurrying to the cafe to get some not so healthy food. I shivered as I tried to decide if the precipitation was rain or snow. On the walk I passed a women carting two bags of clothes toted down with a the weight of them or was it an unseen weight? We did the eye contact, glance away sidewalk greeting. The thought of HOT food was screaming in my mind so loudly, I realized 2 steps too late I'd missed it, I'd missed my chance to say " Hey you need some help? let me carry one those bags for you."
Oh Lord please give me another chance, give her another chance. I don't want to reach home and miss a face I passed.

4 comments:

Christy Joy said...

I understand...

stephen said...

....Me too, I think we have all prayed that prayer. Maybe someday I'll learn to take those opportunities. God, thank-you for your mercy, and help us all.

Kristin said...

Amen. Thanks for the reminder.

Teddy said...

One morning while driving and praying I felt God tell me as plain as day that someone ahead was broke down and needed my help. In not even a couple minutes, I came across a man whose gas tank had dropped off his truck into the road. I stopped to help but he told me someone else was already on the way. I reluctantly left. Was that just a test? Was I supposed to stubbornly insist? I still feel kinda guilty, I've been there many times too.